At Ivory Standard, we are devoted to keeping the site up-to-date and in tune with the needs of the labor market. Jobseekers, employers, contractors, and lurkers are encouraged to check back every so often. Below, you can find a rough guide for what you can expect in the foreseeable future.
You can also follow our Tumblr blog at http://ivorystandard.tumblr.com for more details.
Milepost: March 31, 2014
- Accounts for contractors, i.e. professionals who can offer their service on a freelance basis. Examples include handy people (plumbers, carpenters, roofers, electricians), tutors, web designers, journalists, and performing artists. Roughly equivalent to the resumes section on Craigslist.
- Virtual calendars, e-portfolios, and other common tools available to registered jobseekers.
- Basic resume services for registered jobseekers: we print your resumes/cover letters at Ivory Standard and Express mail them to you or your interviewers.
- More flags.
- Expanded international support.
Milepost: April 30, 2014
- Ivory Standard iPhone and Android app (with GPS support).
- Developed I-mail system, allowing registered users to send employers internal messages.
- Beacons of Opportunity: a digital version of "Help Wanted" signs. This feature would allow employers to advertise their vacancies by registering them with Ivory Standard. No online ad would be posted, but iPhones equipped with the Ivory Standard app would pick up the vacancy information. A complimentary "Help Wanted" sign would be available upon request.
- Built-in job applications available to guests and registered jobseekers.
Milepost: June 30, 2014
- Premium jobseeker services, incl. resume counseling and mock phone interviews.
- Built-in assessments and background-checking capabilities.
- Ivory Standard Badge of Integrity. Anti-scam measure available to clients for a small monthly fee. Participating members would have their ads marked as trustworthy.
- Expanded international support, including languages other than English.
Still have questions? Feel free to call us at (855) IVORY-00. Operators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.